Monday, March 15, 2010

Missed Midterm

On Friday, March 12, 2010, I missed my midterm for South Asian C142 / Religious Studies C166, "India's Great Epics", about the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. It was supposed to have been from 11 to 12.

I woke up at 12:12 and ran in the rain to my professor's office, who was busy and told me to come back in 20 minutes. I sat outside. I told him, simply, that I missed the midterm because my alarm did not go off. Miraculously, he believed me...

"I'm going to believe you," he said, "and let you take the exam right now. Do you want to do that?"

In his benevolence, he not only believed me but let me take it right there and then. Which I did. It remains to be seen whether I do well on it or not.

I am eternally grateful for the favor he has done for me. It was a harrowing experience and I hope it does not happen again.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Ahaha, this is what almost happened to me last semester. I thought the final was going to be on wednesday, but at 4am on Tuesday morning, I checked the website and it actually said Tuesday at 9. WTF. It was a complete mind fuck, especially at 4 am while i was in the middle of writing a final paper and going to into shock for about 30 minutes. Thank god I pulled myself together and got through it. You were VERY lucky.