Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Laptop

I got a new laptop! I paid a good amount of money for it, but I think it was worth it. It is such a sweet machine.

[NERDY SPECS FOLLOW]
Intel Core i7-720QM (1.6 GHz quad-core with hyperthreading and Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz)
nVidia GeForce GT 330M with 1 GB dedicated graphics memory
16'' widescreen
DVD RW optical drive
Dolby Advanced Audio harman/kardon speakers
Windows 7 Home Premium
500 GB HDD, 7200 RPM
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Integrated number pad, webcam/microphone, touch media buttons
5-in-1 Media Card Reader, 3 USB, 1 SATA, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA
Synaptics Touchpad with all kinds of functions

For those that are less technically inclined: the laptop has one of Intel's fastest processors for laptops without costing a fortune (and it'll be faster if I add more RAM - it'll take up to 8 GB), one of the market's best graphics cards, and the best speakers I've ever heard on a laptop. In short, I am pleased.

Seriously, though... that Core i7 is a monster. I can't make its processor consumption jump above 30%.

No comments: