Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dream, Part 1

I wrote this on my dorm's lounge's chalkboard one day as I stared out the window, in early May, before dead week. The next day our health worker, who lived on our floor, came looking for the person who wrote it because she thought the author sounded lonely. I took a picture of it. Later, a friend from Dil Se asked me for it, since I had written "apparently I write emo poetry" as my status.

- - - - - - -
DREAM

I dream...
eyes wide open
thinking, feeling,
wondering
where all the other eyes are

I am alone
wind whips around me
people wander around me
neither touch me
everlasting, observing

lightning flashes
buildings topple
birds scream
I wait, watching
alone

Summer
sitting in the shade
a leaf floats gently down
touches water
ripples travel, then still
and
bliss

No comments: